Prep to Year 6 Curriculum
Lake Clarendon State School continues to implement The Australian Curriculum in English, Mathematics, Science, History and Geography.
All Queensland teachers are also required to plan, teach and assess the remaining KLAs – SOSE (refer to SSS SOSE overview), The Arts, HPE and Technology, as part of our mandated Queensland curriculum, utilising the Essential Learnings and Ways of Working from QCAR.
The Lake Clarendon State School P-6 Year Level overview documents incorporate the curriculums listed below and identify the content in order to provide a term-by-term scope and sequence.
- Australian Curriculum - English, Maths, Science & History
- QLD Curriculum (Essential Learnings) - The Arts, Technology, HPE & SOSE (yrs P-6)
- The Early Years Curriculum Guidelines – social and personal learning, Health and Physical learning and the aspects in the Active learning processes not covered in the Australian Curriculum (for Prep)
Teachers identify opportunities for teaching the content of units, QCAR KLAs & EYCG alongside each other for the purpose of making learning meaningful for students through:
- developing deep knowledge and deep understandings;
- connectedness to the world and extension of the learning beyond the school context;
- connecting knowledge across subject boundaries. e.g. Links between Science & SOSE OR English, SOSE & The Arts.
The outlines of the curriculum taught across the year levels at Lake Clarendon State School can be found at Teaching and learning.
The Australian Curriculum
The Australian Curriculum website sets out the core knowledge, understanding, skills and general capabilities that are important for all Australian students.
- English, Mathematics, Science, Geography and History
- General Capabilities
- Cross-Curriculum Priorities
Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum GVC
Lake Clarendon State School has elected to adopt and adapt the C2C planning documentation, which interprets the Australian Curriculum. The Curriculum into the classroom (C2C) is an Education Queensland initiative to help introduce the new curriculum in Queensland state schools, and includes English, Mathematics, Science and History for Prep to Year 10.
Curriculum Minimum Time Requirements
The English, Mathematics, Science and History materials for Prep to Year 6, meet the minimum curriculum time requirements per week.
Staff have the flexibility to adjust the lessons plans, build in appropriate revision and extension time to assist with the range of student needs and adjust weekly hours to factor in blocks of teaching, special events, such as carnivals, excursions and public holidays.
PREP Yearly Overview Updated March 2021.pdf
YEAR ONE Yearly Overview Updated March 2021.pdf
YEAR TWO Yearly Overview Updated March 2021.pdf
YEAR THREE Yearly Overview Updated March 2021.pdf
YEAR FOUR Yearly Overview Updated March 2021.pdf
YEAR FIVE Yearly Overview Updated March 2021.pdf
YEAR SIX Yearly Overview Updated March 2021.pdf