Lake Clarendon State School was opened in 1902 with 55 students and two teachers. Our 10 acres was a gift from the state and the cost of the first school building was 854 pounds.
Our school is steeped in tradition and for over 100 years we have been helping children develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to lead worthwhile lives and be active, responsible citizens. We proudly believe that many of the solid values that have served the past so well are the foundation of tomorrow. Respect for others, good manners, courtesy and responsibility are just some of the elements of our code of conduct which we actively teach and practise.